Thursday 26 February 2009

Hometime

Being a student is fantastic! The freedom, the independence, the ability to be my own person and do my own thing is completely liberating. But there's nothing quite like being at home either. Maybe it's being looked after by my mum or the good old home-cooked food my dad makes me,  but nothing beats it!

I'm spending this weekend at home, and away from Uni for the first time in just under two months, and I'm so looking forward to it. Needless to say, the train journey is less than fun. Three hours of looking out of a filthy window from which I can barely see anything, can get a little boring at times. Not to mention the stress of finding which train is the right one! I'm awful at train stations and always seem to find myself on the wrong platform going to the wrong place. Like the time I tried to take the simple 15 minute journey from Ipswich to Needham Market and ended up in Felixstowe with no money to get back!

Despite all the stress and tiredness that travelling causes me, I know that at the end of it, the reward is worth it. Not only do I get to spend a long weekend with my family, and have a full Sunday roast, but I get a few days free from washing, cleaning, cooking and doing the washing up, something which I'm certainly not complaining about. It's not that I'm lazy, but everyone likes to be looked after from time to time, growing up is hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment