Thursday 19 February 2009

Vintage Fashion

Broke, poor, skint...just a few words to describe my current situation! Yet I still found myself at the Engine Shed on Saturday, experiencing Lincoln's first vintage fashion fair. 

Apparently, despite my size zero bank balance, fashion is still a necessity! I spent over two hours rummaging through the clothes, shoes, jewellery and handbags, delighted at how far my money would stretch! 

There's something about vintage which makes it irresistible. Maybe it's the individuality that each garment brings, the fact that I know i'm not going to walk down the street and see the exact same dress/boots/blazer walking towards me. Or perhaps it's the story behind the clothes and knowing that someone else has loved and cared for the same piece. Either way, at £15 for two dresses, I would have been mad to resist. 

At a time of recession and lots of student debt, vintage is definitely the way to go. The advice of any sensible individual who is unaware of the importance of fashion would be to stop buying clothes altogether as my wardrobe is sufficiently full...but that would be no fun at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment