Friday 13 March 2009

'Confessions...'


ET, The Godfather, Shawshank Redemption,  Jaws, The Goonies...all films which I have never seen! I'm not a great fan of films, although I do have a weak spot for romantic comedies. I don't have a very long attention span, always fidget, and I am such a chatterbox! I shocked my boyfriend and his housemates when they found out I had watched about 5 of the top 500 films, according to Empire magazine. Since then I have been forced into watching as many films as possible in an attempt to make me 'normal.'


So, I've been sitting through DVDs for the last few weeks that I really have no desire to see, but "it's important to experience them," apparently. This week I got my own back though, I made my other half watch 'Confessions of a Shopaholic.'


Needless to say he wasn't happy about it, and I think he fell asleep. But I really enjoyed myself! When I'm in the cinema it's a lot easier to concentrate as I don't have anything to distract me. 'Confessions' was a light-hearted, feel good, girly film...just the kind my boyfriend hates. 


If you ask me, any film about shopping has to be a winner. Rebecca Bloomwood, the main character in the film was brilliant! I think most women can completely relate to her character. The feeling of excitement when she sees a store, the butterflies in her stomach when a sale is spotted, the pure pride she feels when modelling her beautiful new cashmere coat, are all feelings which I love.


I don't know about the other girls watching the film, but her wardrobe made my heart beat faster, the envy was ridiculous! Her shoes were amazing, and apparently I let out a squeak at the sight of the most beautiful pair of Christian Louboutin heels.


The film was completely based around fashion. The storyline was fairly predictable and quite stilted in places, but I don't think those things are particularly important when it comes to a film like this one. The outfits were the main draw for me and I so wish I had enough pennies to invest in just one item from Rebecca's wardrobe.


So what if I haven't seen some of the 'top' films of all time. I know the kind of film I enjoy, and maybe this one is girly and shallow, but it got me excited. The clothes, accessories and shoes were enough to make any girl swoon. Not to mention the sight of Hugh Dancy. I left the cinema feeling warm, positive and happy. It made me laugh,  and that to me is the sign of a good movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment